Pokemon OC Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place like home.

2 posters

Go down

A place like home. Empty A place like home.

Post  BeautyBeastie Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 am

Chris was already exausted right down to her soul. The day had been busy, fast pace, and full of people encounters. First the strange waffle ranger from the mountains then her friendly exuberant roommate. Both left her feeling tired and a little lost. Sure they were great people to meet on the first day, but she was still used to being by herself. Well her and JD that is. She couldn't imagine what it was going to be like with 2 others in their room.

Chris took an exasperated breath. She had left the room for some air, and found herself walking with no place to go. Her large quick strides led to unconscious running and soon Chris and her pokemon were sprinting side by side. The Luxray kept up with her pace so to not get too far ahead.

Finally Chris slowed to a stop. She remembered they had been running through a trail of trees, but that had opened up to a meadow. The trainer drew in a breath and lost it. The wild flowers grew in large patches and the grass seemed to sparkel in the sunlight. She almost cringed at the beauty of it.

"Flamora...."

She walked to the center of it and collapsed on a patch of grass; laying on her back while catching her breath. She felt JD lay beside her drapping his tail over her. Her eyes shut and she was back in Sinnoh, back in her hometown in Flamora meadow. She and JD would do this every warm afternoon. If she layed still enough she swore the rustling trees spoke.

For the first time she felt at ease. She felt at home. Her nerves began to cool and her heartrate slowed. Her thoughs went to her mom. A hard working nurse who taught her how to love and respect pokemon. And professor Rowan. Someone who taught her to open up to them and to trust. She had him to thank for getting this far. When she was little she never dreamed she would end up being a trainer at the best school. She would have never even gone out of the house to catch her starter.

She remembered sitting around the professors lab, very content with not doing anything. But then one day Rowan took her in his arms and took her into the tall grass. They encountered many pokemon including Starlys, Bidoofs, Kricketots, and Budews. But none stood out. Chris was bent that if she was going to be forced to befriend a pokemon, it was going to have to be special. She was sure it was bound to come along.

That day it hadn't, but every afternoon they searched. Until one day while the pair were out a sudden storm hit. They quickly found the safest place they could find under a patch of trees. Rowan was more scared than she was. He knew how dangerous this spot was.

As they anxiously waited for the storm to pass, a flash of something passed by them. Chris had still been trying to figure out what it was when it suddenly appeared in front of them. It was a small Shinx but its cries were like roars. It confronted them with the strangest expression going on louder until it ran back a few feet, turned, and stared right at Christy. She found herself running to it, Rowan quick to follow in protest. A second later there was a crack of thunder and a flash of light. The tree they were just under split leaving two falled halves and two stunned observers.

There was no doubt the little Shinx was the one. He had warned them about the danger and it didn't take much to convince it to come with them. The professor gave Chris her first pokeball and with one try captured her first pokemon. He became her best friend and JD, Chis and Rowan shared an amazing tale and bond.

She let out a relaxed sigh. It did her good to recollect; made things more clear, not to mention made her feel better. She turned over and nuzzled her face into JD's furrr. The Luxray lifted its head to look at its cuddling trainer. Content,he rested his read and curled around her like a mother cat to her kitten. Both relaxed together in the warm sun and light breeze, not in a hurry to go anywhere.
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

A place like home. Empty Re: A place like home.

Post  Tenshi-chan Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:11 pm

"Come on out guys! Time for a bit of training!"
Tenshi stood at the edge of the meadow, finally able to let all of her pokemon out to roam, as she prepared to train. Instead of using the Coordinator's stage like most people would have, she preferred the open aired and free feeling that the meadows gave. It was like she was back to taking care of the little baby pokemon at the daycare.

There were little pokemon scurrying about, like Sentret's and Rattata's. Those pokemon she was quite familiar with. Then, many more like little birds, or some other plant like pokemon scurried by, wide eyed at the bigger pokemon that stood by the human's side.

'Quil...' The lava pokemon grunted, pushing his owner forward further into the field, then the others stood in front of her, sitting at the ready for commands.

"Okay guys... Are we ready?" Tenshi's blue eyes darted around, making sure no one else would be in the area when she started up her training session. With no one in visible site, she lifted a finger to start her commands.

"Okay... Scout, Shock Wave! And then Jester, use Psychic!" This began the training session, with Scout glowing a brilliant blue and yellow combo, and then the color began to be lifted up and off the jubilee pokemon and into the air, where it began to form into random shapes that drew many wild pokemon around at the spectacle.
Tenshi-chan
Tenshi-chan
Admin

https://pkmnworldacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautyBeastie Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 pm

JD's gold eyes flew open. He layed very still listening to the voices he had heard. His sleeping trainer was unaware of the new arival of this person and he hoped she wouldnt have to be. He strained his ears to hear the conversation that must have been a good distance away. He nearly jumped out of his fur when he caught the names of attacks and the comands to give them. He rolled up and quickly go into a defensive pose ready to counter attack anything.

"JD... Wha...?!" Chris had face planted into the grass not knowing what was going on. She stood up quickly to try and see why he was defending her. There was nothing really dangerous, just small normal and grass typed who were too scared of JD's natural intimidation. But she was wrong. There was something bigger.

JD raised his head and sat down on his back legs, now understanding what was going on. It was a trainer, training. Chis laughed and rubbed a hand through his mane.

"Good job lad." she watched as pokemon shyly formed around the scene to watch. "You know... That looks like coordinator moves. See how beautifuly the attacks go together?" They both continued to stare as the moves created swirling colors and shapes.
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 pm

"Now, charge up a Shadow Ball!" She waved another finger around, watching for the dark energy sphere forming in Jester's mouth. She spun slightly, like she was directing an orchestra, and Firi jumped forward through the rings of electricity, fire pouring from his back as he began his first attack.
"Aerial Ace! Alright! Then Voltare use Discharge, Scout Magical Leaf!"

A variety of leaves from the far off trees began swarming around in a vibrant rainbow. Scout was drifting higher above the Quilava, giggling as the leaves began to follow him with the Discharge attack. The volcano pokemon made a swift turn, jumping over some of the small pokemon gathered in a circle around them, and made a mad dash for Jester.

"Fire the Shadow Ball!" Jester nodded, letting the black energy sphere fire at Firi, who opened his mouth and let loose a stream of flames. On contact, it made an explosion, sending smoke everywhere, but in the center, Firi flew up and landed on Scout's back in a glittery flame.

"Way to go buddy!" The brunette trainer cheered, throwing her arms into the air in excitement. Skipping over to her two pokemon on the ground, she pet them happily, opening a small box to give them a treat. Taking a quick look around her, she chuckled, and opened the box completely, gesturing to the pokemon that had been watching. An assortment of hand made poffins were spread out, and many of the pokemon creeped closer to take a look at them
"You guys can come and have a treat too..." She chuckled, backing up in case she was scaring them off.
Tenshi-chan
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautyBeastie Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:31 pm

"Cripes...!" Chris now was grinning like an idiot. "Did you see that!!?!" Even JD's tail was swishing happily. It was beautiful. The movement of it all. Everything seemed so perfectly planned. She didn't know much about contest and such but she was sure that this person had to be the best.

"Well what do you think about that JD?" She turned toward her pokemon. He pawed anxiously at the grass. "Well then! Feel like meeting one more new person?" The show had left her feeling a little braver. JD responded by getting up and spinning a tight circle. With a laugh Chris walked toward the little gathering of wild pokemon nomming up poke treats.

There was a girl congratulating her team on a job well done. She had light brown hair that curled in ringlets.

"That was amazing you know..!"
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 pm

"That was amazing you know..!"

Tenshi's skin suddenly crawled, tensing at the voice. Sure, she was out in the open, and on school grounds, but she did not expect someone to have been out here. Some of the wild pokemon backed up, suddenly intimidated by the large blue lion that stood next to the female trainer. Bright blue eyes widened, and instinctively reached for the large bird pokemon by her side.

"A-Ah... H-Hi... I must have disturbed you. Sorry!" She bowed slightly, ducking behind Scout for a bit of comfort. So who was this girl anyway?
Tenshi-chan
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautyBeastie Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:13 am

She froze embarresed. A hand went automatically to the back of her head. Clearly they had been unexpected maybe unwanted. The girl hid behind her Togekiss while some of the little ones backed away.

"Buggar... " they were scared of JD. "its ok! Umm..." she fumbled in her bag strapped to her belt. Inside were some treats. She layed them down and backed up. "No... I didn't mean to... I just..."

Chris shifted, her confidence draining. She took a deep breath and made her green eyes steady.

"I ended up here by accident, but i loved it and ended up falling asleep." JD's tail flicked. "My Luxray woke when you started and well... We kind of watched the show..." with the end of her half confidant rant she added a half smile.
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 pm

"Oh... I hope you enjoyed yourself then... Tenshi looked at her feet, brushing Scout's fur softly. Voltare skipped up, looking the large blue lion pokemon in the eye. They seemed to be having a staring contest of some kind.

"Hey... V-Voltare... g-get back over here..." She was slightly afraid of the other pokemon hurting Voltare. Not that her Raichu was weak, she just didn't like her pokemon fighting out of their league. This girl was a trainer, not a coordinator, so she was out surely out of the league, if not way under the league of the other girl.
Tenshi-chan
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautyBeastie Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Chris followed the girl's gaze to her Raichu. She had to admit that JD looked a bit scary. He was a big black lion with a cool, almost older, attitude. But he would never, in all the years she'd know him, attack another pokemon without her command. She was proven right when he sat down on his hinds and swished his tail. She reached for the stone around her neck. It radiated a bit of energy when electricity was close.

"Well look at that..!" the two pokemon began a stream of roars and chus. "I've always thought similar types got along better. In fact... That says alot about people too." She took her gaze away from the two and held out her hand. "'Name's Chris..- ty Lightwood."
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:17 am

"A piece of a Thunderstone! I remember I had one once."

Voltare's eyes were closed in excitement, and he let loose a weak thunderbolt in reaction to the shard. Of course he would remember it, they had searched high and low for that particular item. It had taken scouring the Seafoam Island's beaches for a yellow shard to get it. But sure enough they had gotten what they had needed.

"Christy...? That's a pretty name!" She smiled, and soddenly all of her pokemon were waving and greeting Christy. [color=black]"And I suppose Firi, Scout, Voltare and Jester all say hello as well."
Tenshi-chan
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautyBeastie Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:53 pm

She laughed as the Luxray let out a happy cry. She bent down and greeted the coordinators pokemon.

"it's nice too meet you guys." Chris patted the Togekiss on its head. "how'd you find a shiny stone? I was lucky to find half of this 'beaut. Not to mention a whole shiny stone."
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 pm

"It was a gift. Hm... now that I remember, it was from a trainer from the... Sinnoh region. Tenshi seemed to be looking back into her mind, her gaze averted to the sky so that she wouldn't be distracted.

"I was raising his Roselia, and he brought the cute little thorn pokemon to the back, to have a little mock contest battle..."

She seemed to fade off into the memory for a moment, when she snapped back, she rolled her eyes, and continued speaking. She wasn't used to telling stories to people, and usually roamed off in her own mind when she wanted to remember something.

"Well... Scout won, even though he was still a Togetic, and he had a small type advantage. I was glad the battle was fairly fair. I don't like winning with nothing but a pure type advantage. But, he won. Oh, he was so shy about it, and would barely go near the Roselia after he won."

She reached back, running her fingers through Scout's downy white feathers. He hid his face a bit, obviously embarrassed by the story.

"The boy, he was so surprised about how I took care of the pokemon. He stayed at our daycare for a few days. He couldn't pay us back for the raising we had done, so he helped out around the daycare to help pay back. I told him to go, but he insisted he should help."She shook her head, laughing at the thought.

"So his final gift to me, was the Shiny Stone he was going to evolve the Roselia with. He disappeared, and left the stone on the front desk one morning. So, I didn't have time to thank him, or to give it back to him. So... Scout and I trained more, and then we decided to use it."

She turned to Christy, blinking as she finished her story. It felt like it had been a long story, and she stretched her arms to relax her muscles some.
Voltare was laying in front of JD, and seemed to be having a conversation with the lion. His tail was swishing, and he chuckled as he seemed to say something.

"So, that's how I got the stone. Sorry if it was long Christy."
Tenshi-chan
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautyBeastie Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:39 pm

"No! It's fine!" her intrest peeked and a true smile britened her face. "I'm from Sinnoh! Actually... that's why I'm here. See, Flamora is famous for it's meadow and wild flowers. I love this place... it reminds me of home."

Chris blshed a little and stuffed her hands into the pockets of her warm up jacket. She hoped she didn't sound as desperate as she thought she did. She was happy to see that JD was having a good time with the other girl's Raichu. Sometimes she felt sorry for him to have her as a trainer. She was picky and still didn't have a partner for him. Every now and then she caught him looking at other teams playing or working together in a double battle; but still he stayed by her side. Deep down she hoped this girl would become something she always wanted. Someone who she could put her trust into and a friend for JD. He deserved it.

With that thought she gave the girl another hopeful smile.
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:06 pm

"I have other pokemon at the ranch, some that I own, some that are wild and just stay there to get taken care of. I've used many them in contests before, and well, maybe you should visit them...?

When Christy had a questioning, yet hopeful look on her face, Tenshi began to wonder what she was thinking. Firi was rolling around with a little Vulpix that had wandered into the area, and she smiled, thinking of her Ninetails back home. Perhaps Firi missed her as much as Tenshi did. Jester was chasing small birds around, and Scout was just laying in the sun, and seemed to be sleeping.

"They're all really nice, and maybe they'd grow to like you... Um, that's if you would want to go visit. I mean, you don't have to, and our classes will start up in the next few weeks, if you didn't know. We have to get the students to the school. It takes a long time for them to track them all down."
She thought about her brother, who had long ago disappeared to train to fight against the proclaimed 'Red' apparently the strongest trainer ever.

She looked at her feet and sighed, thinking she had said too much.
Tenshi-chan
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautyBeastie Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Chris smiled but slightly tilted her head, now confused. She wasn't sure what the girl was asking her.

"I would like to but... mind explaining a little more. I barely found my room, not to mention figuring out the schedules. I know my classes but... I haven't heard when classes actually start."
BeautyBeastie
BeautyBeastie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum