Fresh Start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fresh Start

Post  Crysta13 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Crysta hefts the black backpack on her narrow shoulder again, readjusting her grip with her right hand on the old nylon bag while her left hand drags large black suitcase behind her. She hasn’t seen many parents dropping off their children, however it’s still early, which means there’s plenty of time for the others to get there. Her room key is tucked into her jeans pocket, the little hint of paper attached to the shaped metal peeks out of the cloth. She looks up at the door and sees little golden numbers. Room 301. The black haired girl sets her suitcase upright, balancing it on the two wheels that help it move along smooth surfaces. Feeling a moist appendage on her arm, Crysta looks down to see her Marshtomp, Aj, looking up at her in concern. She attempts to smile for him, but only succeeds in twitching her lips for a moment before they fall back into their normal flat line. Taking the key she twists it in the lock a few times before opening the door. The room looks small and personal and sighs in relief. No roommate. Replacing the silver key back in her pocket, the girl takes hold of her suitcase again and walks into her room, knowing that Aj will close the door behind him. She’s proven right as she hears a click behind her, she grins as she sets her backpack on the bed and hefts her suitcase onto the single bed as well.
“Aj, turn on the lights please,” Crysta calls back to her Starter. The lights flick on and she looks around her room for the first time. It’s not bad, not as big as her room back home, but she’s at school now, so that’s not surprising. There’s a dresser, a desk with a chair and a lamp, her single bed with and night stand, old alarm clock and another lamp. Near her door there’s a small closet that she may or may not make use of. She’s never been big on closets, feeling like there’s so much more work in hanging things up in the right section than folding and putting clothes away in the right drawer. She sits on the edge of her bed and notices another door leading to a space she hadn’t noticed. Getting up, she makes her way to the door and nudges it open with her toe. It’s dark but she can make out a toilet and a shower. Crysta nods and turns away from her bathroom. The black haired girl notices Aj sitting near the bed, his eyes boring into hers. She exhales and nods, moving to the bed and shifting her suitcase so she can easily unzip the flap.
“I know. We’re a long way from home. But I can get a better education here. It’ll be okay.” Even as Crysta mutters those words, she’s not sure who she’s trying to assure, Aj, or herself. She forces the thought from her mind and starts unpacking quietly, knowing that this is going to take some getting used to.

Crysta13

Back to top Go down

Re: Fresh Start

Post  Tenshi-chan on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Tenshi couldn't believe herself. She was so lost. Even with the school map in her hand, she couldn't figure out where her dorm was. Somehow, she had ended up wandering around the wrong dorm, and Jester was constantly nipping her heels, and he occasionally smacked her canvas bag with his tail as she walked.

"This... Oh my where am I?" Bright eyes glanced around, and she clutched her bag close to her body, watching her fox-like pokemon wander around her feet. She couldn't even find her own dorm. Sure, she could ask someone, but she really didn't want to talk to anyone, she might be an inconvenience for someone who was busy at the moment.

Now, she had wandered to the third floor of a dorm, which had a steelish gray color to the walls, and a light violet color to the carpets. Jester let out a grunt, nudging his owner with his head, and pushed her up against a door.

"What?! J-Jester, stop it!" The black fox continued to nudge her against the door. "You want me to...? But, Jester... P-Please!" She jumped back, slightly frightened, and looked at her feet. If someone was in there, she didn't want to bother them as Jester began thumping his tail against the door, attempting to draw someone out of the room.
Tenshi-chan
Admin

http://pkmnworldacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crysta13 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Crysta slides her suitcase under her bed and notices that Aj is staring at the door with such intense focus that the black haired girl wonders if he senses something. The thumping at the door makes Crysta let out a throaty chuckle, brushing her fingers against Aj’s head as she passes him on her walk to the door.
“Easy Aj,” she says in her stern trainer voice. The Marshtomp looks annoyed but relaxes his shoulders as he follows her. The girl with ebony hair opens her door to see an Umbreon and a nervous looking girl in the hall in front of her room. Crysta can feel Aj pressed up against the back of her legs, his head staring at the pair, sizing them up. Crysta drops her hand to rest on his head, feeling uncomfortable with this girl here but knowing that Aj shouldn’t be trying to guard her from everyone.
“Can I help you?” she asks, trying to be nice, trying to ignore the way her stomach is bubbling up inside of her, trying to ignore the feeling of the heart pounding in her chest. She really can’t deal with people, not like her twin can, not like the rest of her family. She swallows, trying to repress her need to close the door and hide inside her new room. She wouldn’t do that though, not to this girl who seems even more nervous than Crysta is. The ebony haired girl notices the luggage that the girl still has and figures that she can’t find her room. She understands that. These hallways can be confusing if you aren’t used to finding your way around complicated housing. This is the one and only time that she’s thankful that her house was a maze.

Crysta13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 pm

"Can I help you?

She wasn't sure what to say, she had her eyes focused on her feet as Jester came trotting back to her. [color=black]"I-I'm sorry... I was lost, and Jester seems irritable... and I don't mean to bother you... I didn't want to but I guess Jester did..."

She squeezed her eyes shut, attempting to stop rambling at the girl in front of her. Jester sat loyally at her heels, tilting his head back and forth at the Marshtomp that was staring him down.

"I-I'm lost... I think I'm supposed to be in the next set of dorms over... At the Sky dorms, or the dorms for Coordinators. But I don't know... I lost my map and..." She gulped, clutching her bag tightly again, shuffling closer to her loyal pokemon.

"C-Can you help me?"
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crysta13 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 pm

The rambling of the girl makes Crysta feel better, which sounds awful but it’s true. Her rambling lets Crysta know that this lost girl is just as nervous as she is, maybe even more and that makes the black haired girl feel more in control of the situation. So she lost her map? Crysta’s left hand reaches back into her pocket and feels the piece of folded paper sticking out of the cloth. She pulls it out and sees the building drawings on it and her dorm, and the one next to it.
“Yeah, Sky Dorm is right next to this one,” Crysta clarifies, turning the map so the little North arrow is pointing at herself so the other girl can see it. She points to the little dorm the same shape as the one she’s in. She can see how easy it would be to get lost on campus, the map isn’t very clear and if someone’s nervous and confused they could very easily wind up somewhere else.
“Do you want to keep the map or....” Crysta trails off, letting the girl fill in the last part of the sentence. The black haired girl has never been good at giving someone the right options. She’s found it better if she leaves questions open ended so that they can fill in their own answer. That’s what always worked best for Sam and Ivan. Crysta notices that Aj is watching the Umbreon intently. She frowns down at him, nudging him lightly with her knee. He grumbles at her but rests his appendage on her leg. She tries not to shift around a lot, tries not to let the other girl see how uncomfortable she is. She’s never been the leader in any situation, but right now it seems like she needs to be.

Crysta13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:26 pm

When Tenshi noticed Jester staring intently at the Marshtomp, she played with her fingers some more, nudging the black fox, and slightly mumbling at him to stop staring.

"Jester... stop, that's rude..." She kept her eyes down, and watched the Umbreon huff, and he pawed at her hands, then pointed to the map in the other girl's hand. Oh yeah, she had completely forgotten about the map for a moment.

"I-I'm sorry... He doesn't like for me to be so fidgety and shy... A-And... I'm so sorry, I should p-probably give you my name." She stopped, and looked up, blinking her bright blue eyes in shyness.

"My name is Tenshi Araiia... And well... I'm new here, and I belong in the Sky Dorms... and this is Jester, my Umbreon." She gestured to her pokemon at her heels and softly smiled.
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crysta13 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:28 pm

Crysta watches as the other girl scolds her Umbreon, but not really doing much disciplining because the Umbreon continues to huff at the girl and paws at her again. The black haired girl can feel Aj start to shift behind her, continuing to stare at the other Pokemon. Crysta wonders if the other girl understands how much of a threat Aj thinks of her as, just because she has her Pokemon out as well. The other girls stutter makes Crysta really listen and pick her words apart so she can understand. Once the other girl looks up at Crysta, the girl with ebony hair really notices how light her eyes are. She’s surprised, honestly, that such a stunning feature is possessed by this girl.
“I’m Crysta. This is my Marshtomp, Aj,” Crysta answers, taking back the map and tucking it into her back pocket again. Araiia still looks nervous and Crysta doesn’t blame her. She knows she’s intimidating, with her dark eyes and matching hair, her confident stance and uncaring demeanor.
“So, Araiia, do you think you can make it to Sky Dorms or do you want me to go with you?” she asks, her knee knocking forward as Aj hits it with his elbow. She turns her head a little to glare at the presumptuous amphibian like Pokemon. She doesn’t exactly want to be social with this girl but she knows that Aj thinks that she should go out more, make friends, because he knows that her family isn’t cutting it for her, not when she’s so far away.

Crysta13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshi-chan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Immediately, Tenshi shook her head, looking at Crysta who seemed to be arguing with AJ without even using words.

'Well... I was just going to drop my stuff off in my room. A-And I heard there was a huge amount of land somewhere around the school, so I wanted to go flying... Maybe train a little bit for contest class."

She kept looking at Jester, who's rings were glowing slightly as her grew bored. It was a shame, to him, but her put up with it anyway. When she mentioned training, her grinned, and pawed at her feet. When she gave him a quizical look, he closed his eyes and a light color surrounded him and his trainer.

"O-Oh... Okay..." She shook her head as the light faded away. "I-I should really go... If I get lost again, I'll try to make my way back here... Or I'll try to find you again..."
Tenshi-chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crysta13 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Crysta only nods as the other girl starts spouting off things she wanted to do today. Crysta’s plan wasn’t much. She wants to organize her room, put away her clothes and maybe hang up pictures from home. She has one that’s in the bottom of her suitcase, wrapped in jeans and shirts, of her brothers and herself, before the family business got in the way. They look so happy. But that was a long time ago and she knows that they wouldn’t be caught dead looking like a family now.
“Just remember 301 if you get lost. Here,” Crysta finishes, handing the Araiia the map the two had been looking at earlier. Crysta doesn’t need it. She’s already taken a walk around the campus to see where all her classes are. She’s committed the buildings to memory, seared them into her brain so she’s unable to forget. Her hand drops back and lands on Aj’s head, her slight fingers rest on his head, letting the Pokemon she’s known for so long be a comforting force beside her. On days like this, when the black haired girl can’t take it anymore, the Marshtomp is her rock, her base, something for her to hang on to while the waves crash against her violently and spastically. It’s true, Crysta’s just started school here and there may be more people that she’ll get along with, even slightly, like Araiia. But for now, Crysta needs to feel safe and secure, like she used with her family, even though the home she lived in isn’t much of a home anymore. With her brothers gone and her father rarely home, it was her and her mother for a while, and that wasn’t working either.
“Feel free to stop by again if you need help,” Crysta offers, surprising Aj and herself. This could possibly be the first time that she’s offered help to anyone. Maybe school won’t be so bad after all.

Crysta13

Back to top Go down

Making friends...hopefully...

Post  Shadowranger13 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Sparky didnt seem happy about what skip had done and knocked him on the head with a peanut "ow! Hey! I know this is the girls dorm but im just trying to be nice! Besides the only others here are girls..." he didnt have a problem with being the only boy on campus. He had some waffles premade warm covered with syrup and butter. "mmmm....too bad these arent for me!" he said and knocked on Crystas door "maybe someone is here!" sparky sighed at just went to eating his peanut ignoring his crazy human partner. All the other dorms were unoccupied so he hoped this one was occupied.

Shadowranger13

Back to top Go down

Post  Crysta13 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Crysta, just getting done with giving directions to Araiia, just gets back inside her room when she hears another knock on the door. Aj turns and stares at the plain wooden door, his fin twitching in reaction to the other people outside of it. Crysta frowns and rests a hand on the Marshtomp’s head. The black haired trainer takes out more hangers out of her suitcase and starts placing them in her closet, just in case. She doesn’t like closets but still, she knows they could come in handy.
“Come in! Door’s open,” she calls over her shoulder, still moving around her room and putting things away. She picks up her photo and stares at it for a moment before setting it on her nightstand. Her memories of her brothers make her smile softly, only for a moment. Aj mumbles something in his language and Crysta sets her hand on his head, letting her Starter know that she’s there and that she’s okay. The black haired Trainer stands and waits for the new person to enter her room.

Crysta13

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowranger13 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 am

Skip walked in Sparky the goggle wearing emolga on his head eating a huge can of peanuts and Disaster his absol at his side grumbled. She wanted to stay at the dorm and nap in his hammock but skip insisted she came with him. She didnt like other peolpe talking to skip or just bieng near him and if anyone tryed to hurt him she would defend him. "um...hi...i brought a welcome gift..." the boy with red tipped blacked hair boy with a strong canadian accent said nervously. Hes usually hyper but he wasnt to good at talking to other people since he lived in a secluded area of the Sekra mountains in Fiore where there werent any humans...

Shadowranger13

Back to top Go down

Post  Crysta13 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Crysta can feel Aj tense in front of her at the sight of two Pokemon that he doesn’t know. Crysta reaches to touch her Starter but he moves quickly to crouch in front of her. The black haired girl glares softly at her Moshtomp and wonders how the other Pokemon are going to react. Crysta knows that Aj is protective and he doesn’t like the two against one possibility. She knows that her Starter wants her to send out Artemis or Helena to give him some back up, or to at least defend their trainer while he attacks. She won’t though, only because that will give Aj the idea that he’s supposed to attack.
“Aj, enough,” she snaps, nudging him with her toe in the back of the leg. Aj glances back at his Trainer and stands up out of his crouch, backing up to stand next to Crysta instead of in front of her, his eyes never leaving the other two Pokemon in the room. Crysta watches him move back and rests her hand on his head, calming him in an instant. She looks up at the boy in her room and glances down at the plate of food he has. This boy is strange, she thinks.
“Thank you,” she responds to his offer, unsure of how to really react. Never, in the history of traveling or being home, has she ever gotten an offering of food as a welcome gift. She always got a new jacket, or pants, or supplies for her journey. Her parents always were the practical type. Rarely were presents given out that weren’t useful in some way. The last time Crysta got a stuffed animal she was two and her brother had given it to her.

Crysta13

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowranger13 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Disaster growled at the seemingly aggresive pokemon while sparky continues eating his peanuts completely unaware of what was happenig. Skip smiled showing off some rather abnormally big and sharp canine teeth. "i hope you enjoy them! Theres plenty there to share with your roommate and pokemon! Theyre really good though so you may not even want to share them after getting a taste!" She was right about him though...the kid in the weird ranger uniform was very strange!

Shadowranger13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top